“Due to continual enhancements in our graphical core, we are very excited to announce that our capabilities in the area of supporting increasingly complex CAD designs has once again improved. Our ability to detect instances means that we can compress files significantly better and load them even faster than before.” Said Kelly Baumann, KISTERS North America Business Development Manager. “In addition, several analysis functions have undergone enhancements. Wall thickness analysis has been sped up dramatically and this allows for real-time measurement.”
“Other areas of development were focused on 3DViewStation’s ability to increase the quality of bad data. We can now remove bad edges and regenerate them without additional information. This is useful in collecting reasonable measurements.” She added. “You can also store views and reload them onto changed geometries. This eliminates the worry and headache of losing work due to geometric changes that may have happened in the interim.”
Known for its modern user-interface, high performance viewing, advanced analysis and integration capabilities into leading systems, 3DViewStation Desktop ships with current and mature importers for a broad range of 3D and 2D formats including i.e. Catia, NX, Creo, SolidWorks, SolidEdge, Inventor, JT, 3D-PDF, STEP, DWG, DXF, DWF, MS Office and many more.
- File formats:
- Import 3D: NX 12, Catia V5-6R2018, 3DXML BREP, SolidEdge ST10, SolidWorks 2018, Parasolid v30.1, ACIS 2018 (R28), Rhino 6, PLMXML
- Import 2D: Ascii Text, reading using formatting settings, Catdrawing reading now requires an advanced 2D license
- Optimize instances – results in file size reduction
- Save views separate from geometries
- Load views independent from i.e. revised geometries
- New: remove edges of geometries, i.e. due to bad quality
- New: re-generate edges of geometries, i.e. to allow measurements
- New: calculation of neutral axis of piping objects
- New: scale geometry
- New: measure face without need to extract face first
- New: real time wall thickness measurement
- New: Skybox creator
- Enhanced: wall thickness analysis color gradated, i.e. multi selection
- Enhanced: mirroring of geometries
The latest developments of 3DViewStation can be reviewed in more detail at: https://www.3dviewstation.com/blog.html.
According to Baumann, the KISTERS 3DViewStation is continuously enhanced in response to customer needs and requirements. It is available as Desktop, ActiveX, VR-Edition and HTML5 WebViewer product-versions. All product flavors are intended to be used together with a PLM, ERP or other management system product configuration or service and spare part applications, providing all necessary APIs. For cloud, portal and web-solutions, there is an HTML5-based WebViewer solution available, which does not require client installation. All file formats can be used in combination with the intelligent navigation and hyperlinking features to address needs of complex integration scenarios.
25 years success in the market with superior visualization solutions from desktop to mobile has proven KISTERS to be one of the top players in the visualization industry. Clients ranging from small firms to well-known multinationals, 3DViewStation’s easy-to-use interface is suitable for all user groups and 100% customizable to each individual’s specific requirements. More than 3,000 customers and over 200,000 installations worldwide. In addition, KISTERS offers expert advice and support in concept development based on client requirements.
Pascalstraße 8 + 10
Telefon: +49 (2408) 9385-0
Telefax: +49 (2408) 9385-555
Telefon: +49 (2408) 9385-171
Fax: +49 (2408) 9385-555