CONCAR-EXPO is Europe’s largest trade fair for connected vehicles, automated driving and mobility solutions. In June, the fair brings together more than 1,000 participants and 80 exhibitors. Their common goal: to understand, shape and sustain the mobility of the future across all sectors. One of the innovations that the 2018 trade fair has come up with: the ConCarCongress. Here, international experts give short lectures on the topics of automated driving, automotive mobility & digital infrastructure, IT security in the vehicle and HMI & automotive connectivity. In the four half-day modules, visitors to the fair can expand their expertise on current topics.
Self-driving cars are one of the most significant developments for the automotive industry and the driver. Automation affects not only the use of vehicles, but the overall understanding of mobility: from vehicle design to an adapted infrastructure, there are likely to be far-reaching changes in the near future. The first steps towards the automation of public transport have already been taken, for example with Personal Rapid Transit, which means passenger transport systems that deliver passengers to their destinations on order and without stopovers, as in Masdar (Abu Dhabi). However, it will be some time before the fully autonomous automobile is in road traffic.
Exciting lectures will be held on topics such as:
- The relevance of 5G and IOT in the context of automated driving (Jürgen Daunis, Ericsson GmbH)
- AUTOSAR Adaptive Platform – Progress on the software framework for connected and autonomous driving (Dr.-Ing. Thomas Scharnhorst, AUTOSAR Development Partnership)
- Autonomous Driving – Why Hackers can’t destroy our Vision (Dr. Ciwan Gouma, SYSGO AG)
Automobile Mobility & Digital Infrastructure
In order for automated driving to become possible, an understandable, reliable and fast exchange of information between vehicle and environment is necessary. Accordingly, basic information and communication structures need to be planned and implemented so that a corresponding digital infrastructure is created. How this can be accomplished is presented by experts from the fields of automotive, telecommunications and IT.
Among other things, they deal with the topics:
- Standards in the vehicular digital Communications Ecosystem (Dr. Rafael Cepeda, InterDigital)
- Telco Services for connected and automated Driving – On the way to 5G (Prof.-Dr.-Ing. Johannes Springer, Deutsche Telekom AG)
- V2X – Closing the Gap (Stefan Hanika-Heidl, Neusoft Automotives)
IT security in the vehicle
Whether GPS connection or on-line infotainment control: the possibilities of digitization mean added value for OEMs, suppliers and, above all, the end user. Connecting the vehicle with its surroundings and other road users improves traffic flow and increases safety. However, the connection to the Internet of Things (IoT), in addition to practical benefits, also poses a security risk. Experts will discuss how to reduce this and what new measures are in place to protect automotive information technology.
- Adaptive AUTOSAR Platform – Security Features (Adrian BARUTA, Toyota Motor Europe NV/SA)
- Automotive cybersecurity through assurance (Paul Wooderson, HORIBA MIRA Ltd.)
- A Harmonized V2X Security Solution Considering European and North American Requirements (Dr.-Ing. Norbert Bißmeyer, ESCRYPT)
HMI & automotive connectivity
When buying a car, users no longer pay attention solely to performance and design: Powerful infotainment systems are becoming increasingly important when making a purchase decision. Driving the technologies of driver assistance systems that measure the driver’s attention, to the networking of mobile devices, makes driving with new technologies more comfortable and at the same time safer. The change to automated driving also involves changes in the interior, and changed interior concepts transform the car into living space. Accordingly, the module covers a broad spectrum, with topics such as:
- Lounges on wheels? (Dr. Cyriel Dies, Coventry University)
- Augmented Reality Head-up Displays in Automated Driving Use Cases (Bettina Leuchtenberg, Continental)
- Case Studies for Blockchain in Automotive (Dipl.-Wirt.-Inform. Hardy Gröger, IBM Deutschland GmbH)
A visit to the trade fair CONCAR-EXPO allows the congress participants to benefit from an even wider range of topics and to seize more opportunities for networking.
PLACE AND DATE:
27 – 28 June 2018
Estrel Congress & Messe Center Berlin
Convention Hall II
For further information on the international trade fair CONCAR-EXPO 2018 and the accompanying specialist program, please visit www.CONCAR-EXPO.com
Since 1957 we are the leading education provider for engineers, technical specialists and managers. In 1,500 congresses, conventions, technology forums, courses and seminars each year we cover almost every technical discipline. Offers in the area of soft skills and Management further round out the company’s portfolio. More than 25,000 participants every year train and develop themselves with help of our offers.
VDI Wissensforum GmbH
Telefon: +49 (211) 6214-201
Telefax: +49 (211) 6214-154
Telefon: +49 (211) 6214-641
Fax: +49 (211) 6214-97641