Qualified Test Reports for Railway and Industry
With accreditation according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005, MEN can now supply recognized test reports for further approvals of the end system. The accreditation covers tests regarding EMC, environmental simulation and safety of electrical equipment for the railway market and industry.
This means that MEN can now deliver accredited test reports that can be produced at short notice or can be better planned, without customers or MEN itself being dependent on an external laboratory with correspondingly long waiting times. This allows MEN to add another piece to its integrated supply chain.
Additional Qualification: Compliance with EN 50124-1
As a special feature, compliance with EN 50124-1 was also confirmed, which specifies the insulation coordination of air and creepage distances in railway applications in order to ensure electrical safety and to avoid short circuits or even oversizing of the insulation. Across Germany, only about 5 companies are accredited for EN 50124-1.
The MEN QM system includes cable monitoring to check the suitable temperature and humidity in the laboratories as well as DAkkS-accredited measuring instruments with sophisticated DAkkS calibration.
Fast Completion thanks to Existing Know-How
Within only 14 months after the kick-off the goal was reached – the complex accreditation was completed. This was only possible in the short time since industry-specific QM certifications from the aerospace (EN/AS 9100), railway (IRIS – ISO/TS 22163) and experience from the safety sector according to DO-254 and for Safety Integrity Level up to SIL 4 were already available.
Capacities have also been expanded, e.g. to cover the area of electrical safety: testing of devices for electrical safety, overvoltage, short circuit, personal protection, mechanical hazards.
You can find this press release and photo under www.men.de/press.
"Reliable Embedded Computing for a World in Motion."
Since its founding in 1982, MEN Mikro Elektronik has focused on innovation, reliability and flexibility to develop and produce standard and custom computing solutions that employ the highest technology levels. The company – with approx. 300 employees worldwide – provides a robust offering of highly reliable embedded COTS boards and devices widely used in extreme environmental conditions found in mobile, industrial and safety-critical applications.
– Safe computers and systems certifiable up to SIL 4 and DAL-A
– Robust built-to-order box PCs
– Panel PCs for HMIs and digital signage
– Pre-configured built-to-order 19" systems
– Rugged CompactPCI boards and systems
– Network components in compact box format or 40 HP format
– Robust computer-on-modules for individual system designs
– For individual requirements, starting with development through design-in and beyond, MEN provides its customers with advice and support as well as with system design, configuration and environmental qualification in accordance with industry standards.
The company’s core competencies encompass x86 and RISC processor architectures, development rules for safe applications, analog I/O design, FPGA technology and Windows, Linux and real-time operating systems. Additional expertise includes RAMS and obsolescence management as well as the development of computing hardware for operation in harsh and extreme environmental conditions. Development, production and on-site testing laboratories guarantee traceability and high-quality products.
MEN Mikro Elektronik’s computer solutions are used in harsh mission- and safety-critical environments found in the rail and public transport markets and the embedded electronics markets (automation, aerospace, power & energy, off-road, medical, marine and other industries).
The company is certified to ISO 9001, EN 9100 (aerospace) and IRIS – ISO/TS 22163 (railway), ISO 14001 (environment) and ISO 50001 (energy) quality management systems, provides systems according to ISO 7637-2 (road transport) and is a member of several industry associations, consortiums and alliances, including VITA and PICMG.
MEN Mikro Elektronik is a member of:
– AMD Fusion Partner Program
– ARINC (Aeronautical Radio Incorporated)
– BavAIRia (Cluster for innovative aerospace technology in Bavaria)
– CNA (Center for Transportation & Logistics Neuer Adler e.V.)
– Intel® IoT Solutions Alliance
– NXP Design Alliance
– Open Source Automation Development Lab (OSADL)
– PCI-SIG (Peripheral Component Interconnect Special Interest Group)
– PICMG (PCI Industrial Computer Manufacturers Group)
– RSSI (Railway Systems Suppliers, Inc. Trade Association)
– Unife (Union des Industries Ferroviaires Européennes)
– USB-IF (Universal Serial Bus Implementers Forum, Inc.)
– VITA (VMEbus International Trade Association)
– Wind River (Partner Eco System)
– ZVEI (German Electrical and Electronic Manufacturers Association)
duagon – MEN Mikro Elektronik GmbH
Neuwieder Straße 1-7
Telefon: +49 (911) 9933-50
Telefax: +49 (911) 99335-901
Telefon: +49 (911) 99335-242
Fax: +49 (911) 99335-901