- AMD V1000 APU, up to 32 GB DDR4 DRAM
- WLAN, 4G LTE, GNSS
- 5" HDD/SSD, NVMe storage
- Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0, DisplayPort, Audio, RS232, RS422/RS485, IBIS
- 2 slots for CAN, MVB
- Class S2 wide-range power supply, incl. ignition
- -40 °C to +85 °C, fanless
- Compliant to EN 50155 (railways)
The BL72E is a robust box PC with strong communication and storage abilities. It’s the perfect choice for rail and public transportation markets particularly for on-board applications such as Internet-on-Board, positioning via GNSS, CCTV / recording, passenger entertainment and many others.
Multi-Talent for Wireless Communication and Data Storage
The BL72E is a fanless, maintenance-free box computer for embedded applications in transportation.
It is based on AMD’s Ryzen V1000 APU family featuring excellent power-per-watt performance and a Radeon Vega next-generation 3D graphics engine. With up to four high-performance processor cores and AMD virtualization support, and up to 32 GB soldered-down DDR4 SDRAM, the BL72E offers powerful computing for handling data intensive work loads.
Versatile Possibilities for Wireless Communication
To provide Internet connection for passengers or locating the vehicle, many wireless options are available. This includes a GNSS positioning interface, two PCI Express Mini Card slots and two M.2 slots for implementing mobile service standards up to 4G LTE or WLAN IEEE 802.11, and derivates.
A total of eight externally accessible micro-SIM card slots are available as well. If this is not enough, the box can be delivered with a second I/O board offering additional LTE modems, storage and I/O.
For IoT or Storage-Intensive Applications
The BL72E offers a SATA HDD/SSD shuttle providing the storage capacity necessary for entertainment servers or video surveillance systems, plus eMMC memory and an M.2 slot for PCIe based storage (NVMe).
A Multitude of I/O
The BL72E supports one DisplayPort interface with maximum 4K resolution. A multitude of other I/O is available, including four Gigabit Ethernet, audio, two USB 3.0, RS232, RS422/RS485, IBIS, digital inputs and outputs. An MVB master or slave interface can optionally be implemented.
Robust and Railway-Ready
The rugged box PC comes with a class S2 wide range power supply and complies to EN 50155.
Its rugged aluminum housing with cooling fins serves as a heat sink and provides conduction cooling. This allows fanless operation at temperatures from -40 °C to +70 °C (+85 °C for up to 10 minutes).
“Reliable Embedded Computing for a World in Motion.”
Since its founding in 1982, MEN Mikro Elektronik has focused on innovation, reliability and flexibility to develop and produce standard and custom computing solutions that employ the highest technology levels. The company – with approx. 300 employees worldwide – provides a robust offering of highly reliable embedded COTS boards and devices widely used in extreme environmental conditions found in mobile, industrial and safety-critical applications.
– Safe computers and systems certifiable up to SIL 4 and DAL-A
– Robust built-to-order box PCs
– Panel PCs for HMIs and digital signage
– Pre-configured built-to-order 19” systems
– Rugged CompactPCI boards and systems
– Network components in compact box format or 40 HP format
– Robust computer-on-modules for individual system designs
For individual requirements, starting with development through design-in and beyond, MEN provides its customers with advice and support as well as with system design, configuration and environmental qualification in accordance with industry standards.
The company’s core competencies encompass x86 and RISC processor architectures, development rules for safe applications, analog I/O design, FPGA technology and Windows, Linux and real-time operating systems. Additional expertise includes RAMS and obsolescence management as well as the development of computing hardware for operation in harsh and extreme environmental conditions. Development, production and on-site testing laboratories guarantee traceability and high-quality products.
MEN Mikro Elektronik’s computer solutions are used in harsh mission- and safety-critical environments found in the rail and public transport markets and the embedded electronics markets (automation, aerospace, power & energy, off-road, medical, marine and other industries).
The company is certified to ISO 9001, EN 9100 (aerospace) and IRIS – ISO/TS 22163 (railway), ISO 14001 (environment) and ISO 50001 (energy) quality management systems, provides systems according to ISO 7637-2 (road transport) and is a member of several industry associations, consortiums and alliances, including VITA and PICMG.
MEN Mikro Elektronik is a member of:
– AMD Fusion Partner Program
– ARINC (Aeronautical Radio Incorporated)
– BavAIRia (Cluster for innovative aerospace technology in Bavaria)
– CNA (Center for Transportation & Logistics Neuer Adler e.V.)
– Intel® IoT Solutions Alliance
– NXP Design Alliance
– Open Source Automation Development Lab (OSADL)
– PCI-SIG (Peripheral Component Interconnect Special Interest Group)
– PICMG (PCI Industrial Computer Manufacturers Group)
– RSSI (Railway Systems Suppliers, Inc. Trade Association)
– Unife (Union des Industries Ferroviaires Européennes)
– USB-IF (Universal Serial Bus Implementers Forum, Inc.)
– VITA (VMEbus International Trade Association)
– Wind River (Partner Eco System)
– ZVEI (German Electrical and Electronic Manufacturers Association)
MEN Mikro Elektronik GmbH
Neuwieder Straße 3-7
Telefon: +49 (911) 9933-50
Telefax: +49 (911) 99335-901
Apprentice Marketing Communications & Online Marketing
Telefon: +49 (911) 99335-242
Fax: +49 (911) 99335-901
Telefon: +49 (911) 99335-175
Fax: +49 (911) 99335-901