HASELNUSS – More safety for train operators
IT developments and the increasing use of digital technologies have changed the way train operators work. In order to remain competitive and meet customer expectations, they must turn to the latest innovations. As a result of this digitalization and the networking of control and security technology, however, the risk of IT attacks increases – new security solutions are needed.
Since mid-2018, MEN has been part of the HASELNUSS consortium (hardware-based security platform for railway control and security technology), driven by DB Netz AG, the Fraunhofer Institute, Sysgo and TU-Darmstadt. Due to its experience with innovative, reliable and safety-critical hardware solutions in the transport sector, MEN is at the disposal of the research team in an advisory capacity in order to bring together the topic areas "Safety" and "Security" in the IT infrastructure and has already supplied the first hardware for tests.
"The aim of this research project is to develop a hardware-based security platform for control and security technology that is adapted to the special requirements of the railways and provides the necessary IT security functions without influencing functional security. The platform offers measures to ensure system integrity and forms the basis for secure networking of the railway infrastructure," says Prof. Dr. Christoph Krauß of the Fraunhofer Institute for Secure Information Technology SIT in Darmstadt.
“Reliable Embedded Computing for a World in Motion.”
Since its founding in 1982, MEN Mikro Elektronik has focused on innovation, reliability and flexibility to develop and produce standard and custom computing solutions that employ the highest technology levels. The company – with approx. 300 employees worldwide – provides a robust offering of highly reliable embedded COTS boards and devices widely used in extreme environmental conditions found in mobile, industrial and safety-critical applications.
MEN has merged with the Swiss company duagon, a leading provider of train communication components, to strengthen our expertise in safety-critical markets.
– Safe computers and systems certifiable up to SIL 4 and DAL-A
– Robust built-to-order box PCs
– Panel PCs for HMIs and digital signage
– Pre-configured built-to-order 19” systems
– Rugged CompactPCI boards and systems
– Network components in compact box format or 40 HP format
– Robust computer-on-modules for individual system designs
For individual requirements, starting with development through design-in and beyond, MEN provides its customers with advice and support as well as with system design, configuration and environmental qualification in accordance with industry standards.
The company’s core competencies encompass x86 and RISC processor architectures, development rules for safe applications, analog I/O design, FPGA technology and Windows, Linux and real-time operating systems. Additional expertise includes RAMS and obsolescence management as well as the development of computing hardware for operation in harsh and extreme environmental conditions. Development, production and on-site testing laboratories guarantee traceability and high-quality products.
MEN Mikro Elektronik’s computer solutions are used in harsh mission- and safety-critical environments found in the rail and public transport markets and the embedded electronics markets (automation, aerospace, power & energy, off-road, medical, marine and other industries).
The company is certified to ISO 9001, EN 9100 (aerospace) and IRIS – ISO/TS 22163 (railway), ISO 14001 (environment) and ISO 50001 (energy) quality management systems, provides systems according to ISO 7637-2 (road transport) and is a member of several industry associations, consortiums and alliances, including VITA and PICMG.
MEN Mikro Elektronik is a member of:
– AMD Fusion Partner Program
– ARINC (Aeronautical Radio Incorporated)
– BavAIRia (Cluster for innovative aerospace technology in Bavaria)
– CNA (Center for Transportation & Logistics Neuer Adler e.V.)
– Intel® IoT Solutions Alliance
– NXP Design Alliance
– Open Source Automation Development Lab (OSADL)
– PCI-SIG (Peripheral Component Interconnect Special Interest Group)
– PICMG (PCI Industrial Computer Manufacturers Group)
– RSSI (Railway Systems Suppliers, Inc. Trade Association)
– Unife (Union des Industries Ferroviaires Européennes)
– USB-IF (Universal Serial Bus Implementers Forum, Inc.)
– Wind River (Partner Eco System)
– ZVEI (German Electrical and Electronic Manufacturers Association)
MEN Mikro Elektronik GmbH
Neuwieder Straße 3-7
Telefon: +49 (911) 9933-50
Telefax: +49 (911) 99335-901
Telefon: +49 (2405) 4526720
Fax: +49 (2405) 4526721
Telefon: +49 (911) 99335-175
Fax: +49 (911) 99335-901