Demonstration suites from Avnet Silica will feature advanced technologies in the fields of safety and security, power, analog and sensors, wireless and Ethernet-based connectivity. Avnet Silica has significant expertise across all of these fields, coupled with its years of experience working closely with customers, helping to speed hardware and software development, and enabling them to quickly bring products, systems and end-to-end solutions to market.
Another area will feature advanced system solutions that have been developed by customers and other key partners in close collaboration with Avnet Silica. These are based upon a diverse suite of technologies and target applications including edge-to-enterprise IoT, connectivity, security, embedded vision and data communications. Particular focus will be given to the strategically important technologies required in product and system development for the IoT.
The key demonstrations in the system solutions area will showcase:
- TSN-based industrial control, artificial intelligence (AI) and FPGA-accelerated image cognition capabilities. Developed by Avnet Silica’s Software and Services team, the ‘TSNeyes’ platform is an application-agnostic tool that can be mapped and adapted to a multitude of real-world use cases. It has been designed to be a research, evaluation and demonstration tool to help accelerate the adoption of future embedded vision and Industry 4.0 technologies.
- A Microsoft Azure Sphere highly-secured MCU cloud solution like Avnet Azure Sphere MT3620 Starter Kit. In an extension of its partnership with Microsoft, Avnet will introduce the Avnet Azure Sphere MT3620 Starter Kit to help product developers overcome the challenges of bringing IoT products to market. The Avnet Azure Sphere MT3620 Starter Kit features extensive connectivity and sensor options that help developers create highly secure IoT and edge devices that quickly and easily connect to Microsoft Azure. Last spring, Microsoft named Avnet the lead partner for Microsoft Azure Sphere and the first to distribute the product. Azure Sphere is a solution for creating highly-secured, internet connected microcontroller-powered devices, and the new development kit supports rapid prototyping to accelerate IoT deployments.
- An AI-accelerated multi-camera development system that comes with various computer-vision and machine-learning application examples, including object detection, face recognition, segmentation and video analytics. The system offers a complete imaging solution connecting multiple cameras to a Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC development platform.
- Secure authentication of IoT devices, developed in partnership with ZHAW (Zurich University of Applied Sciences) and targeting building automation applications in particular. The demo is based around a research project built by ZHAW based on the secure authentication of resource-constrained wireless nodes in an IP-based mesh network.
- AI capabilities to deliver a leading-edge predictive maintenance solution to customers.
Demonstrating Avnet’s competences in ‘technologies, solutions and services to reach further, Farnell element14 will be co-exhibiting at the Avnet Silica stand. The two Avnet companies will highlight the synergies between their respective services in terms of active engagement with the engineering community to provide technical and commercial support from proof of concept and design through to volume production.
“At embedded world, we will be showcasing our portfolio of advanced embedded technologies,” said Alexander Stempfle, Technical Director EMEA at Avnet Silica. “We work closely with leaders in many fields, such as AI, computer vision and the IoT, to deliver the most advanced solutions for our customers operating in industrial markets and a range of other key sectors.”
Additionally, Avnet Silica will co-exhibit at the Microsoft stand in Hall 4.
Avnet Silica invites visitors to experience the future of industrial embedded applications in Hall 1, Stand 370, at embedded world 2019.
Avnet Silica is the European semiconductor specialist division of Avnet, one of the leading global technology distributors, and acts as the smart connection between customers and suppliers. The distributor simplifies complexity by providing creative solutions, technology and logistics support. Avnet Silica is a partner of leading semiconductor manufacturers and innovative solution providers over many years. With a team of more than 200 application engineers and technical specialists, Avnet Silica supports projects all the way from the idea to the concept to production. Avnet Silica is a regional business unit of Avnet, (NASDAQ: AVT) with European headquarters in Belgium (Avnet Europe Comm. VA). For more information, visit www.avnet-silica.com
Avnet is a global technology solutions provider with an extensive ecosystem delivering design, product, marketing and supply chain expertise for customers at every stage of the product lifecycle. We transform ideas into intelligent solutions, reducing the time, cost and complexities of bringing products to market. For nearly a century, Avnet has helped its customers and suppliers around the world realize the transformative possibilities of technology. Learn more about Avnet atwww.avnet.com.
Avnet Silica (An Avnet Company)
Gruber Str. 60c
Telefon: +49 (8121) 77702
Telefax: +49 (8121) 777-531
Telefon: +49 (8121) 774-459