Steel and iron are the dominant metallic materials. The steel producing and steel processing industries are key industries of the German, European and world economy. Their products are omnipresent. The most important manufacturing industries include the automotive industry as well as mechanical engineering, plant engineering or construction industry. With countless new steel grades, completely new groups of steels and innovative processing methods, improved application possibilities and new fields of application for steel are opening up. As a result, steel can be a driver of innovation.
The Forschungsvereinigung Stahlanwendung e. V. (FOSTA) drives application research and practical development for the material steel. This includes brainstorming, the formation of consortia for the application and implementation of research projects. All research projects are carried out in cooperation of industry and steel relevant research institutions. The focus is on the fields of automotive, mechanical engineering, construction, traffic engineering and environmental technology. These include the cross-sectional tasks such as working and processing techniques and material behavior of steel, simulation and sustainability.
Current research results for automotive from 2019 are summarized in the following final reports:
- P 871 Characterization and description of the tribological conditions within hot stamping and partial hot stamping of quenchenable ultra high strength steels
- P 920 The use of new steels and generation of graded lightweight structures in press hardening process
- P 948 Internal Flow Turning – An innovative process for the manufacture of semi finished steels products for lightweight design with varying wall thickness and mechanical properties
- P 1036 Forming of undercuts in highly duty parts by multidirectional forging using steel pistons as example parts
- P 1063 Optimization of the tribological system in the forming of complex iron-manganese parts with TWIP-effect
- P 1065 Integrated temperature measurement tool for press hardening
- P 1072 Improving the formability of shear-cut surfaces for iron-managnese steels by optimizing the cutting parameters
- P 1094 Data and prediction based generation of model parameters for mechanical joints under crash loads
Matplus GmbH in Wuppertal is a provider of software and services in the areas of material simulation, material data and knowledge management. The systems are used by a large number of customers in the German-speaking world.
As a partner of Forschungsvereinigung Stahlanwendung e.V., Matplus GmbH exclusively distributes the research reports of FOSTA as part of the StahlDat SX Professional version or separately in the Stahldaten Shop.
The StahlDat SX is the only authorized publication of the European Steel Registry and at the same time the continuously growing knowledge base for steel on the Internet with more than 2,500 steel grades. It is the comprehensive material database and knowledge base for industry and research.
The Steel-Iron-List (Register of European Steels) is the official and up-to-date compilation of all registered steel grades contained in European standards with their material numbers (EN 10027-2).
Telefon: +49 (202) 29789780
Telefax: +49 (202) 29789789
Telefon: +49 (202) 29789780