Steel and iron are the dominant metallic materials. The steel producing and steel processing industries are key industries of the German, European and world economy. Their products are omnipresent. The most important manufacturing industries include the construction industry as well as mechanical engineering, plant engineering or automotive industry. With countless new steel grades, completely new groups of steels and innovative processing methods, improved application possibilities and new fields of application for steel are opening up. As a result, steel can be a driver of innovation.
The Forschungsvereinigung Stahlanwendung e. V. (FOSTA) drives application research and practical development for the material steel. This includes brainstorming, the formation of consortia for the application and implementation of research projects. All research projects are carried out in cooperation of industry and steel relevant research institutions. The focus is on the fields of construction, mechanical engineering, automotive, traffic engineering and environmental technology. These include the cross-sectional tasks such as working and processing techniques and material behavior of steel, simulation and sustainability.
Current research results for construction industries from 2019 are summarized in the following final reports:
- P 912 Fracture behavior of adhesive parts and cohesive zone model – influence of manufacturing and aging
- P 978 Holistic assessment of steel and composite railway bridges according to criteria of sustainability
- P 998 New evaluation concept for appraisal of mechanical properties in high strength grained structural steels weldments bases on the temperature-time-curve
- P 1019 Derivaton of new, optimized strength criteria for steel components
- P 1035 Enhancement of load capacity of welded high-strength I-shape sections using improved design models for the consideration of residual stress
- P 1040 New applications possibilities for rear-ventilated metal facades with the use of stainless steel composite sheets
Matplus GmbH in Wuppertal is a provider of software and services in the areas of material simulation, material data and knowledge management. The systems are used by a large number of customers in the German-speaking world.
As a partner of Forschungsvereinigung Stahlanwendung e.V., Matplus GmbH exclusively distributes the research reports of FOSTA as part of the StahlDat SX Professional version or separately in the Stahldaten Shop.
The StahlDat SX is the only authorized publication of the European Steel Registry and at the same time the continuously growing knowledge base for steel on the Internet with more than 2,500 steel grades. It is the comprehensive material database and knowledge base for industry and research.
The Steel-Iron-List (Register of European Steels) is the official and up-to-date compilation of all registered steel grades contained in European standards with their material numbers (EN 10027-2).
Telefon: +49 (202) 29789780
Telefax: +49 (202) 29789789
Telefon: +49 (202) 29789780