- In order for communication with colleagues and customers to work in the home office, people need the right software.
- With the StayAtHome campaign, the cloud and hosting provider NETWAYS Web Services is offering the apps Rocket.Chat, Jitsi and Nextcloud available free of charge for three months.
The best strategy in the current situation is retreat. Working from home is not possible in all industries. This makes it all the more important that those who are able to do so assume their responsibilities to help prevent the spreading of the novel Coronavirus.
The biggest challenge in the home office is often the lack of personal communication. Accordingly, software is currently in demand that allows online meetings and short video team calls to be made, and information and documents to be transmitted quickly and easily.
With the StayAtHome campaign, the cloud and hosting provider NETWAYS Web Services (NWS) is now making the three solutions Rocket.Chat, Jitsi and Nextcloud available free of charge for three months. The voucher code StayAtHome is valid while stocks last. Currently 100 instances per app are planned.
This is what the apps offer:
- Rocket.Chat: Allows organizing multiple users in chat channels, face-to-face conversations via video chat, easy file and desktop sharing, with access from any device for Linux, Windows, Mac.
- Jitsi: A simple solution for quickly setting up video conferences and online meetings in the browser or chatting, with the option of screen sharing. Can be used on the desktop and mobile.
- Nextcloud: Store data on a secure server, located in Germany, and access a consistent database from multiple computers or devices. Highest security and privacy, easy access from any device and extensions like contacts, calendar and video calls.
"With our StayAtHome campaign we want to support companies and employees who are able and want to work from home", says Bernd Erk, CEO of the NETWAYS Group. "We are happy to pass on the resources currently available to us to all those who now need a quick, unbureaucratic solution. We don’t want it to fail because of technology."
It is important for the company to stress that this is not a subscription trap. If users do not explicitly contact NWS with the request to continue using the app, the subscription period ends automatically after three months.
More about the StayAtHome campaign: nws.netways.de
NETWAYS has been supporting companies for more than 20 years in the setup, monitoring, automation and management of their IT infrastructures based on Open Source. In the cloud/hosting sector, the managed and web services provider covers the complete range of services: from managed SaaS through containers with Kubernetes to clouds with OpenStack. NETWAYS‘ ISO-certified data centers in Germany guarantee maximum security and performance.
For further information visit nws.netways.de.
Telefon: +49 (911) 92885-0
Telefax: +49 (911) 92885-77
Telefon: +49 (911) 92885-0