- NETWAYS Managed Services GmbH now offers Managed Kubernetes hosted in Germany.
- Kubernetes is used for container orchestration.
- The NETWAYS MyEngineer supports users individually with the start and operation of the container platform.
NETWAYS Web Services has added Kubernetes (K8s) to its portfolio as "NETWAYS Managed Kubernetes". Kubernetes is an open source system for automating the deployment, scaling and management of containerized applications. It provides a multitude of abstracted objects (Pods, Services, Volumes, etc.) and thus enables the declarative operation of containers and necessary resources.
What NETWAYS Managed Kubernetes offers:
- Cluster creation in minutes | Define cluster status, set the number of nodes (formerly minions), start kubectl: After only a few steps Kubernetes is ready.
- Managed Control Plane | On request NETWAYS can monitor and operate the Kubernetes Control Plan for customers, also with 24/7 support from NETWAYS MyEngineer.
- Object Storage | Data can be stored in NETWAYS S3 or Swift-compatible storage. The storage is replicated via two ISO 27001 certified data centres.
- Open Standards and APIs | All Kubernetes clusters are compatible with the upstream project. So is the underlying infrastructure, which is based on OpenStack.
- Persistent Volume Claims | Enable storage of data beyond the life cycle of the container.
- Load Balancer | Load Balancing and DNS management is done automatically. NETWAYS provides services and Ingress Controller on request.
Kubernetes supports a number of container runtime engines, including Docker. It is often used in many IT departments as a way to run a microservices-based application. Its vast ecosystem and widespread integration with third-party applications ensures smooth continuous integration and deployment processes.
The Kubernetes project was initiated by Google and is run by the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF). CNCF is part of the non-profit Linux Foundation.
"Kubernetes is the de facto standard for modern and future-oriented applications in the agile software development environment", says Sebastian Saemann, Head of Managed Services at NETWAYS. "We are proud to be able to offer this service to our customers."
NETWAYS Managed Kubernetes combines world-class service with state-of-the-art technology, hosted in two ISO 27001 certified, replicated and distributed data centers in Germany.
More at nws.netways.de/kubernetes.
NETWAYS has been supporting companies for more than 20 years in the setup, monitoring, automation and management of their IT infrastructures based on Open Source. In the cloud/hosting sector, the managed and web services provider covers the complete range of services: from managed SaaS through containers with Kubernetes to clouds with OpenStack. NETWAYS ISO-certified data centers located in Germany guarantee maximum security and performance.
For further information visit nws.netways.de.
Telefon: +49 (911) 92885-0
Telefax: +49 (911) 92885-77
Telefon: +49 (911) 92885-0