In line with the company’s mission, Peli protects all that you value, and that includes social responsibility as well as environmental stewardship. The company avoids single-use materials in the products they manufacture; in fact, both their cases and the lightning systems are completely recyclable. On the same note, Peli has undertaken projects to increase the percentage of recycled content it uses to manufacture products, recycling wherever possible, reducing waste, as well as saving energy and water. Peli also endeavours to provide its employees with a safe and healthy workplace, while also contributing to philanthropic causes by offering financial support and product donations to charitable organisations.
In this context, Peli has identified objectives that shape the future of the company’s sustainable development, which include prioritising safety and equity, valuing all communities, improving product recyclability and reusability, and promoting resource efficiency. Willing to make an impact in global commitment, they have considered it essential to link their sustainability and social strategy with global standards, specifically with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). These goals aim to protect the planet and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity by 2030.
Based on Peli’s efforts in recent years, the company has been able to identify the following six SDGs:
- Decent work and economic growth: All Peli employees are required to participate in the 6s programme, a system that aims to promote and maintain a high level of productivity and safety within the workplace.
- Industry, innovation and infrastructure: Six out of seven Peli manufacturing facilities are ISO 9001 certified, an international standard for quality management systems. Peli is actively working to continuously improve its processes and quality of its products, ensuring durability and reliability for years to come.
- Responsible consumption and production: All products are reusable and are not single-use by nature. In addition, Peli cases are reusable packaging alternatives to cardboard and other waste, reducing impacts associated with sourcing virgin materials and transporting single-use products.
- Climate action: Peli has installed LED lighting in many facilities, improving energy efficiency and reducing energy waste.
- Peace, justice and strong institutions: The values of the company are reflected in the conduct of its employees. Peli is committed to operating its business ethically and with fairness and human decency.
- Partnerships for the goals: Peli provides financial support and product donations to philanthropic and non-profit organizations. Besides collaborating with many other entities, in these times of crisis marked by COVID-19, Peli has given its support to the Italian Red Cross by donating numerous units of lighting systems to help build field hospitals and emergency centres and to Fundació Matadepera, a local institution cooperating with local police, rescue and fire brigades.
It is essential that companies of all kinds make efforts to improve the quality of their social and natural environment. Peli is already integrating sustainability into its business decisions on a daily basis and will continue its commitment to sustainable business practices in order to comply with more of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
For more information, please visit: https://www.peli.com/eu/en/about/sustainability/
PELI Products, S.L.U. is the Europe, Middle East and Africa Headquarters of Pelican Products, Inc., the global leader in design and manufacture of both high-performance case solutions and advanced portable lighting systems. Our products are used by professionals in the most demanding markets including firefighters, police, defense / military, aerospace, entertainment, industrial and consumer. PELI products are designed and built to last a lifetime. The company operates in 140 countries, with 28 office and 6 manufacturing facilities across the globe. PELI Products is a portfolio company of Behrman Capital, a private equity investment firm based in New York and San Francisco.
Peli Products Germany GmbH
Königsallee 2b, 5. Stockwerk
Telefon: +49 (211) 88242-401
Telefax: +49 (211) 88242-200
Senior Marketing Coordinator
Telefon: +34 (93) 467-4999