- Quad-core ARM Cortex A72
- Up to 8 GB DDR4 (ECC), non-volatile SRAM
- Front I/O: 3 Gb Ethernet, 1 USB 3.0 host, 1 USB configuration port (RS232)
- Rear I/O: 2 PCIe lanes, 4 USB 2.0, 1 SATA, 8 Gb Ethernet
- -40°C to +85°C, version with fanless operation possible
The G40A is a high-performance and low-power multicore CPU platform based on an ARM Cortex A72 processor. Being full-virtualization ready, it was designed for communication-intensive applications in harsh environments, which need high data bandwidth and computing performance, e.g. in data collection applications onboard trains, in industrial or heavy-vehicle applications.
Multicore Performance with Integrated Ethernet Switch
The G40A from MEN is an NXP ARM Cortex A72 LS1046A CPU module in CompactPCI Serial form-factor. Equipped with the quad-core CPU with NXP data processing accelerators, fast PCI Express 3.0, future-ready USB 3.0, SATA Gen. 3 interfaces, Ethernet interfaces on front and an integrated Ethernet switch, the G40A provides unprecedented power, speed, and communication advantages.
The G40A secures your application for the future by being full-virtualization ready – memory and I/O sub-systems can be virtualized – and available for the next 15 years.
The MEN proprietary board management controller (BMC) monitors the G40A optional parameters such as voltages, temperature and provides a user-configurable watchdog, making it ready for applications where functional safety is required.
The memory configuration of the G40A includes a fast DDR4 DRAM with ECC soldered to the board to guarantee optimum shock and vibration resistance. A non-volatile SRAM, an eMMC NAND Flash device and a microSD card can also be assembled offering space for user applications or usable as a local boot medium.
The G40A is prepared for use in harsh environments, making it an ideal solution where small space but high-processing capabilities are needed. It comes with a tailored heat sink, all components are soldered for protection against shock and vibration and it is also coated for use in humid and dusty environments.
"Reliable Embedded Computing for a World in Motion."
Since its founding in 1982, MEN Mikro Elektronik has focused on innovation, reliability and flexibility to develop and produce standard and custom computing solutions that employ the highest technology levels. The company – with approx. 300 employees worldwide – provides a robust offering of highly reliable embedded COTS boards and devices widely used in extreme environmental conditions found in mobile, industrial and safety-critical applications.
– Safe computers and systems certifiable up to SIL 4 and DAL-A
– Robust built-to-order box PCs
– Panel PCs for HMIs and digital signage
– Pre-configured built-to-order 19” systems
– Rugged CompactPCI boards and systems
– Network components in compact box format or 40 HP format
– Robust computer-on-modules for individual system designs
For individual requirements, starting with development through design-in and beyond, MEN provides its customers with advice and support as well as with system design, configuration and environmental qualification in accordance with industry standards.
The company’s core competencies encompass x86 and RISC processor architectures, development rules for safe applications, analog I/O design, FPGA technology and Windows, Linux and real-time operating systems. Additional expertise includes RAMS and obsolescence management as well as the development of computing hardware for operation in harsh
and extreme environmental conditions. Development, production and on-site testing laboratories guarantee traceability and high-quality products.
MEN Mikro Elektronik’s computer solutions are used in harsh mission- and safety-critical environments found in the rail and public transport markets and the embedded electronics markets (automation, aerospace, power & energy, off-road, medical, marine and other industries).
The company is certified to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 (environment), EN 9100 (aerospace) and IRIS (railway) quality management systems, provides systems according to ISO 7637-2 (road traffic) requirements and is a member of several industry associations, consortiums and alliances, including VITA and PICMG.
MEN Mikro Elektronik is a member of:
– AMD Fusion Partner Program
– ARINC (Aeronautical Radio Incorporated)
– BavAIRia (Cluster for innovative aerospace technology in Bavaria)
– CNA (Center for Transportation & Logistics Neuer Adler e.V.)
– Intel® IoT Solutions Alliance
– NXP Design Alliance
– Open Source Automation Development Lab (OSADL)
– PCI-SIG (Peripheral Component Interconnect Special Interest Group)
– PICMG (PCI Industrial Computer Manufacturers Group)
– RSSI (Railway Systems Suppliers, Inc. Trade Association)
– Unife (Union des Industries Ferroviaires Européennes)
– USB-IF (Universal Serial Bus Implementers Forum, Inc.)
– VITA (VMEbus International Trade Association)
– Wind River (Partner Eco System)
– ZVEI (German Electrical and Electronic Manufacturers Association)
duagon – MEN Mikro Elektronik GmbH
Neuwieder Straße 1-7
Telefon: +49 (911) 9933-50
Telefax: +49 (911) 99335-901
Telefon: +49 (911) 99335-242
Fax: +49 (911) 99335-901