- The Company has received all land certificates for the ATO project area.
- Mining Contracts have been agreed with Mongolia’s leading operators. All mining contractors have demonstrated significant commitment and ability to establish their presence on site. The open pit mining contractor has now mobilized to site. Initial equipment includes a CAT 14H grader, CAT 330 Excavator, CAT D8 dozer and three Howo 30t trucks. Haul road construction and preparation for mining has now commenced.
- Knight Piesold have completed the detailed leach pad and ponds design. Earth work for Stage 1 which consists of two cells at 500m x 100m each will commence in late June 2018. All liner, piping and emitters have now been ordered with a total cost for the leach pad of approximately USD3 million to complete commissioning.
- All power will be supplied by CAT generators. The camp is run on a CAT C9 275kVA and DE110E2 as back up. Both generators have been fully paid for and commissioned, in addition to this the main power source for the ADR plant and crusher has been ordered consisting of 1.2MW CAT3512B 2.0MW and a CAT 3516B for approximately USD800,000.
- The fuel station has been completed with a maximum capacity of 200,000 liters of diesel fuel, with initial 180,000 liters delivered to site.
- The 3 stage crushing unit has been purchased and the unit is currently in transit to site. The mobile crusher has a maximum output of 300 tonnes per hour and will crush down to <25mm. Expected delivery date is late June.
- ADR plant design has been completed. All equipment and installation material will be available from July 25th, 2018. Initial deposits have been made and a final payment of approximately USD1.3 million is due prior to delivery.
- A fully equipped 200 man mining camp has been completed and fully paid for. Facilities include: offices, kitchen, guest rooms, laundry, medical, ger accommodation and meeting rooms. All furnishings and services are also installed and fully paid for
- ALS Global have been contracted to provide all onsite laboratory facilities and services which will be housed in the ADR plant. There is no capital cost to the Company in this contract.
- The GMobile telecommunications tower has been relocated to include the ATO mine site. Full services are now available.
- Over the past six months the operations team has grown to include the following key personnel. Over the next three months the team will increase significantly to a maximum of 72 full time people. All company employees will be on a 4 weeks on and 2 weeks off roster.
– Vice President Operations
– General Manager Processing
– Mining Engineer
– Senior Mining Geologist
– Processing Plant Superintendent
– Mining Geologist
– Safety Superintendent
– Safety Officer
– Maintenance Superintendent
– Environment Superintendent
– Electrical Superintendent
– Crusher Superintendent
– Plant Supervisor
– Human Resources Manager
– Onsite office Administration and HR
- The Company and its contractors will also employ a significant labor force from the local community.
– Designed by Knight Piesold. (Highly experienced HL designers).
– Stage 1 consists of 2 cells, drainage corridor and ponds.
– Stage 1 cells requires very little cut and fill as the site has a natural 1-1.5 gradient slope.
– Stage 1 cells can contain 600,000 tons of ore. (This is more than sufficient room to stack through the first winter before stage 2 construction commences).
– Stage 1 operation requires 53m3/hr of water. (Nearby water source is greater than 200m3/hr).
– Ore will be crushed to 25mm (3 stage jaw and cone crushers).
– The ore will be truck stacked. (Less than 500m from the crusher to the leach pads).
– The process is a standard ADR plant. (6 carbon columns containing 5 tons in each column).
– Gold and silver bars will be produced onsite.
Between July and November 2018, Steppe Gold will complete all construction and commissioning on:
– Phase 1 Leach pad (2 cells 100m by 500m)
– 5 tonne ADR plant
– Explosives magazine
– Crusher commissioning
– Site Power
– Haul roads and site infrastructure
ABOUT STEPPE GOLD
Steppe Gold is a precious metals exploration and development company with an aggressive growth strategy to build Steppe into the premier precious metals company in Mongolia. The Company owns the advanced staged Altan Tsaagan Ovoo (ATO) Gold Project, where three drilling rigs are currently undertaking exploration and development drilling. Construction of the ATO mine and heap leach project has commenced and the company expects initial annual production of 40,000 oz Au Eq per year with cash costs of sub US$350 per oz. The ATO project is being delivered for a CAPEX of sub US$20m.
The Company’s exciting 80% owned Uudam Khundii (UK) Gold Exploration Project has an active program of geochemical and geophysical surveys underway with drilling planned later in 2018.
Mongolia is open for business, pro mining development and one of the last great frontiers where giant mineral deposits can be found and developed.
Swiss Resource Capital AG
Telefon: +41 (71) 354-8501
Telefax: +41 (71) 560-4271
Telefon: +41 (71) 3548501