In automotive, Avnet Silica focuses on a wide selection of areas for the digitally connected car, such as:
- antennas supporting multiple high-speed data streams simultaneously
- infotainment solutions supporting C-V2X / DSRC, Wi-Fi, SDARS, GPS, LTE and 5G technologies for satellite radio and navigation
- applications to increase driver safety and awareness
- products for telematics applications that connect vehicles to the cloud such as vehicle tracking, fleet management, satellite navigation or mobile internet
All the Qorvo products for this sector come with AEC-Q100 / AEC-Q200 qualification, enabling a fast time to market for automotive customers.
In power management, the Qorvo products are designed to be used across diverse sectors in industrial, commercial and consumer markets. For example, through the acquisition of Active-Semi, Qorvo’s portfolio now includes:
- battery management ICs offering configurable single-chip solutions for ultra-compact battery-operated devices that use Li-ion or Li-polymer based batteries
- a range of high- and low-power buck and boost DC/DC converters covering input voltages from 2.7 to 40V
- single-chip solutions for various motor- and power-control applications via the Power Application Controller® (PAC) family of ICs, plus all the necessary analogue circuitry and power management peripherals
- an impressive selection of power management ICs combining world class power conversion characteristics with intelligent system management
“Avnet Silica is a natural partner for Qorvo with its excellent market and customer know-how as well as extensive technical expertise that enables us to gain better access for our products and technologies in fast growing markets,” said Rodney Hsing, Sr Director Global Distribution at Qorvo.
“Qorvo’s portfolio boasts industry-leading and highly integrated solutions right across the board, negating the need for external discrete components and greatly simplifying the design-in process for engineers. It also enables an overall reduction in system size, cost and time-to-market for end customers, especially with automotive pre-qualification for fast deployment in a multitude of in-car systems and connected applications,” said Thomas Foj, Director Automotive EMEA at Avnet Silica.
Avnet is a global technology solutions provider with an extensive ecosystem delivering design, product, marketing and supply chain expertise for customers at every stage of the product lifecycle. We transform ideas into intelligent solutions, reducing the time, cost and complexities of bringing products to market. For nearly a century, Avnet has helped its customers and suppliers around the world realize the transformative possibilities of technology. Learn more about Avnet at www.avnet.com.
Qorvo (Nasdaq: QRVO) makes a better world possible by providing innovative Radio Frequency (RF) solutions at the center of connectivity. We combine product and technology leadership, systems-level expertise and global manufacturing scale to quickly solve our customers‘ most complex technical challenges. Qorvo serves diverse high-growth segments of large global markets, including advanced wireless devices, wired and wireless networks and defense radar and communications. We also leverage unique competitive strengths to advance 5G networks, cloud computing, the Internet of Things, and other emerging applications that expand the global framework interconnecting people, places and things. Visit www.qorvo.com to learn how Qorvo connects the world.
All brands and trade names are trademarks or registered trademarks, and are the properties of their respective owners. Avnet disclaims any proprietary interest in marks other than its own.
Avnet Silica is the European semiconductor specialist division of Avnet, one of the leading global technology distributors, and acts as the smart connection between customers and suppliers. The distributor simplifies complexity by providing creative solutions, technology and logistics support. Avnet Silica is a partner of leading semiconductor manufacturers and innovative solution providers over many years. With a team of more than 200 application engineers and technical specialists, Avnet Silica supports projects all the way from the idea to the concept to production. For more information, visit www.avnet-silica.com
Avnet Silica (An Avnet Company)
Gruber Str. 60c
Telefon: +49 (8121) 77702
Telefax: +49 (8121) 777-531
Telefon: +49 (8121) 774-459